Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Serengeti & Polyphonic-"Sunrise" (2009)


I'm pretty excited about seeing the Chicagoan that penned "Dennehy" perform his unique style of hip-hop live. He's opening for Anticon label-mate WHY? at the end of the month, performing and promoting a new album with rapper Polyphonic.

The bare-bones production on "Sunrise" sounds great and the vocals remind me of Tricky meets the Michrophones/Mt. Eerie.

The show is only $12 which sounds worth it. I'm not sure what to expect of the headliners after reading a description that read "pop-inflected psychedelic folk-hop". I remember hearing cLOUDEAD years ago and thinking it was pretty good. hmmm.....who knows?

The show is on Monday October 26th at Hailey's in Denton.

Its probably gonna leave me aching for a juicy brat.

1 comment: