Sunday, September 6, 2009

Alice Cooper-"Dead Babies" (1973)


I can still remember the first time i heard this song and instantly became an Alice fan. I was in my friend's Mitsubishi around '99 or '00. The bassline along with the rest of this Beatles-like arrangement really roped me in. (Back then the album Killer was out-of-print on CD, so i was fortunate to have a chance to listen to this masterpiece). I 'm glad i got to hear this album before ever hearing Million Dollar Babies, because although MDB is good, Killer really is a killer album. John Lydon(PIL) agrees with me so much so he has even declared it the best rock album of all time.


I might have to go ahead and buy some $25 tickets to see Alice Cooper perform at the Palladium Ballroom in Dallas on October 12th.

Maybe i can even get backstage and learn about the origins of the state name of Texas....

No comments:

Post a Comment