Friday, September 25, 2009

Lou Reed & Pavarotti-"Perfect Day" (2001)

Does anyone else think this is nuts? I wish i had this version on my I-touch.


I love reminiscing about how i didn't even realize how cool and ahead of my time i was listening to the Bowie produced Transformer in middle school. Sometimes (and especially in the case of music) it really pays to have older brothers (i still have that CD, thanks Marc!).

"You're going to reap just what you sow" - one of my favorite lines ever.

Danny Boyle was on point in 1996 when he included this in Trainspotting set to a nasty overdose scene. That soundtrack starts at 9 cents on amazon.com, but i don't think anyone else besides me actually buys CDs anymore. That's cheaper than downloading the best of that soundtrack- "Lust for Life", "Nightclubbing", "Temptation" , "Born Slippy"and this track from itunes, fyi.

No comments:

Post a Comment