Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Depeche Mode at Superpages.com Center 8/29/09

I am an overworked, underpaid college student, who on a whim had the unique opportunity to see Depeche Mode with out doing any planning; only procrastinating. Seeing any great band at a large venue like The SuperPages.Com Center is precisely what you make it, because the experience is not in the performance, it then becomes truly about the music and why you decided to see this band with way too many people in the first place.

First up -and to my surprise- the amazing Peter Bjorn and John: As there were way too many people, not paying attention: my mind drifts to the music and dancing around naked in my apartment over and over again with my now ex-roommate who happens to be sitting right next to me. Nothing more than a spec, and the sound not too great, I enjoyed it - as though I were dancing around my apartment naked with my roommate.

Depeche Mode was all you could expect and more. I had a huge headache, and danced anyway. Growing up with such epics it puts you right back in your aunts living room
dancing to the records around her hollow house. Relating to the music, and more the sound it puts you in this elliptical place. One where you are almost hovering amongst the masses as if completely set apart. You don’t need to consume alcohol or smoke weed to get into a fight in the parking lot. Just listen to some cataclysmic beats.

So after the experience and the remembrances and having glass bottles thrown at our car, a few punches thrown around, and someone excreting waist on your tire; ‘its time to call it a night I have to work in the morning.’



This post was written by special contibutor Shleezy. Thanks. I should've gone to this (with someone who didn't get bottles thrown at them).

3 comments: