Thursday, August 27, 2009

Depeche Mode - Shake the Disease (1985)


D Mode is coming to town this Saturday (gotta score some last minute tickets) so I thought I'd take the opportunity to hype one of my all time favorite groups.
This is the quintessential Depeche song for me. It's all there the defiance, the despair, the rejection, the hope, the longing...all of it. "Here is a plea, from my heart to you..." how catchy are the keyboards here, Gahan's overlaid vocals our sweet, the rhythm--all on point. Love Gore's backups on this track too. I've seen DM twice and both shows were incredible. If you have a bone of 80's nostalgia in your body do yourself a favor and scope this one 8/29.

3 comments:

  1. Can't believe I won't be able to go to this show

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get out of work ans score tix ><

    ReplyDelete
  3. which times did you see DM? i remember seeing you i think in 2001? at starplex...

    ReplyDelete