Tuesday, August 25, 2009

DJ Tommyboy at Fall Out Lounge 8/22/09

At first I was a little apprehensive about going to Fall Out Lounge. After a rough week, the last humiliation I needed to endure was dancing in public. And for another thing, between some drinks and a cover charge I was gonna dial away the rest of my bank account. I know it's no substantial amount, but between the horse track, alimony and my transmission falling out, I was in no position to enjoy myself.

Anyhow, with such low hopes, I figured I couldn't be too devastated. But the whole thing turned out to be the complete opposite. I mean, I have no grasp of what Tommyboy was playing, but I know all of a sudden I got into a passable mood. It's hard to articulate it was but it was rousing yet not overbearing. It's the sort of thing you wished they'd play a massage parlour. I mean that as a compliment. And out of left field, I started to get a little rhythm, and I moved around discreetly without any paralyzing embarrassment. That was a big step for me to tell you the truth.

So, if you're feeling miserable and you wanna put the world in rational perspective, see Tommyboy. Thanks to John and Jessica for the booze by the way.

2 comments:

  1. tooooooooo dope premiere. way to beat travis to the punch as well. thanks so much for contributing. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the magic of dance music, mane. and booze. together they can solve all your problems, even if it's only for a minute.

    ReplyDelete