Thursday, August 20, 2009

Keanu Reeves: Greatest Hits

The Matrix was whack. And, no matter what anyone says he is no good in Point Break. He almost ruined Coppola's Dracula. His acting in Devil's Advocate was equally weak (maybe its just hard to star opposite to Pacino?). He should've stuck to roles he was good at. Like these....

River's Edge (1986):

Parenthood (1989):

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (1991):

Freaked (1993): this one totally blows my mind. He plays the unrecognizable Ortiz, the dogboy (and is uncredited). This was a favor for his friend Alex Winter (Bill, from Bill and Ted's) who co-wrote and directed this heap of garbage. (Unfortunately, i was unable to find a screen shot or a clip of this character. update: Travis found me a photo but i'm unable to attach it....)

sidenote: I never saw My Own Private Idaho and i've heard that it's great. My mother really liked The Lake House so maybe he's gotten his acting chops back. Not likely.

2 comments: