Friday, April 30, 2010

Faith No More-"From Out of Nowhere" at Coachella(2010)

This was my favorite band in 5th grade. I remember i had 6 FNM t-shirts and a long sleeve. I was really bummed i didn't see them open for a huge GnR/Metallica tour around 94(?). I have a fond memory about a PE coach giving me a hard time for not remembering something, and she said to me, "I bet you know all the words to that band whose shirts you wear every day". You were mostly right, coach.



I've still never seen these guys live. The closest i've been was a couple years ago when my friends and i saw Peeping Tom at the Granada in Dallas, with Dub Trio as Mike Patton's backing band and Dan The Automator spinning. It wasn't as good as i thought it would be, but that's nostalgia for you.

If i had ever bothered to look at the line-up for Coachella, i might have seriously considered going- partly to see Faith No More- for which i still have a soft spot in my heart.

3 comments:

  1. oh yeah, this one's for you John. Sorry my Angeldust cd was skippin the other night. Good luck with my cuz......

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. that PE coach is cracking me up; that clip owns; and peeping tom WAS weak.

    ReplyDelete